Last week was a disaster for running. I really sucked with only 2 miles. "Dont call it a comeback"... because it definitely wasn't.
This week will be different and I'll end it in San Francisco with a half marathon at an 8 min/mile pace.
I ran on the treadmill. Started easy with 1 mile at 7:30min/mile which was very difficult only because I wanted to run faster and I had to hold myself back. Once I started Mile 2, I ratcheted it up to a 6:30min/mile pace and for the last quarter mile 6min/mile. It all averaged to a 6:53 avg. or 13:46. My left knee bothered me so I stretched but I think more stretching will be required before I run tomorrow.
Business: 2 miles @ avg. 6:53 min/mile in 13:46.
Mile 1 in 7:30 @ 7:30min/mile.
Mile 2 in 13:46 @ 6:15min/mile.
Gut-check
Breakfast: Bowl of oat cereal, 2% milk, Odwalla protein shake, water.
Lunch: 2 PB&J sandwiches, 1 peanut butter granola bar, rootbeer.
Dinner: Hamburger w/ cheese/guacamole/salsa, water.
Run. Eat. Sleep. Repeat.
=RUMBLE
Monday, July 28, 2008
False Starts...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment