I didn't do much for exercise. It seems everyone on my run team gearing up for Boston are in much better shape than I am. I can keep up but feel worse for it.
I was going to "Run Like the Wind" today but found myself in an argument with myself about what's important. On one hand I could push my already sore shins and calves for another 13.1 miles but at what cost would I cross that finish line? I knew I injured my calves but my shins seem to be getting better. On Saturday, after squatting down and planting vegetables in my garden, my calves were throbbing with pain. That's when I finally told my wife that I probably wouldn't be running the next morning. I woke up around 6:30am with plenty of time to go down to the start and register for the race but I knew the outcome wouldn't meet my own expectations. I'd probably run weak the first 4-5 miles until my calves/shins warmed up then feel the pounding of every step as I climbed Crow Canyon's 3 hills at miles 6-8. I certainly would not PR. In the end, I made pancakes for my kids and chocolate croissants for me and Rosemary and found satisfaction in a lazy day.
Business: Recovery.
Gut-check
Breakfast: 1 chocolate croissant, 3 pancakes, milk..
Lunch: water.
Dinner: water.
Repeat.
=RUMBLE
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Sunday Shin Pain
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment