Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tuesday Track

Busy day at work.

6pm came quickly today and I arrived 10 minutes late to the Cal High track. There was a big turn-out with more than 16 2nd Wind members there including Coach Kao, Michael, Patrick, Tara, Laura, Colton, David, Doug, Sue, Sergio, Fermin, Barb, Christina, Mindy, Terry, Ian, and a few guys I'd never met before.

First we warmed-up. While some did 2 miles (8 laps) I only did 1 mile because I was late. We stretched and then split into our respective pace groups and started our theshold 7min/mile pace running 3 repeats of 1100 meters with the remaining 300 meter jog totally 4 laps or 1 mile. We then break for 2 minutes and repeat. Here's the breakdown:
Mile 1 - 1600m @ 10min/mile warm-up.
Mile 2 - 1100m @ 7min/mile + 100m @ 14min/mile
Mile 3 - 1100m @ 7min/mile + 100m @ 14min/mile,
Mile 4 - 1100m @ 7min/mile + 100m @ 14min/mile.
2 minute break...
Mile 5 - 1100m @ 7min/mile + 100m @ 14min/mile,
Mile 6 - 1100m @ 7min/mile + 100m @ 14min/mile,
Mile 7 - 1100m @ 7min/mile + 100m @ 14min/mile.
Mile 8 - 1600m @ 10min/mile cooldown.

My shins & calves were not happy with this workout after last night's 6mile, 7min pace hilly run. I had some mild pain and was exhausted. I immediately drove home and slid into a freezing ice bath while simultaneously eating and drinking everything in sight. I popped 2 Aleve, rubbed sports cream on my shins & calves and went to sleep.

Interesting blog entry for those training.

Business: 6.5 miles. 4.5 at an 7min/mile average pace. 2 at 10min/mile average.

Gut-check
Breakfast: Bowl of oat cereal, 2% milk, water.
Lunch: Half calzone, a Sprite, 3 snickerdoodles, water.
Dinner: Half calzone, 2 grilled ham & cheese sandwiches, grape juice, milk, water.

Run. Eat. Sleep. Repeat.

=RUMBLE

No comments: