It was a nice night for 6 miles at 6pm.
2nd Wind met at ClubSport. Coach Kao was there but didn't run. Sergio was the only other person who showed up to run so it was a fast pace.
We ran 6 miles in 42 minutes. There were some good hills which taxed my heart-rate and forced me to fall behind Sergio for a few minutes. Check out the route map and view the elevation hidden at the bottom. It shows the elevation change very clearly. My splits are listed below with a two 6's at the end:
Mile 1: 7:13 (0:07:13) - Out the parking lot and onto Johnson Drive.
Mile 2: 7:19 (0:14:33) - The draw of In-N-Out and Hopyard.
Mile 3: 7:07 (0:21:40) - Las Positas and hill #1 makes me fade.
Mile 4: 7:19 (0:28:59) - Caught Sergio and lost again on hill #2.
Mile 5: 6:29 (0:35:29) - Caught up on the downhill to Stoneridge.
Mile 6: 6:30 (0:42:00) - Auto-pilot back to ClubSport.
Before I left the club, Sergio and I took about 15 minutes to stretch. On my way out I saw fellow 2nd Wind members, Michael and Ian. They just finished their pilates workout with another teamie, Barb.
I pushed hard on this workout so Sergio could get a decent workout and I could condition my muscles for faster miles over distance.
I took an ice bath as soon as I got home then hit the shower and then the sports cream. I'll figure out if I'm doing the track workout tomorrow once I wake up in the morning and attempt to move my limbs.
Business: 6 miles at an average 7:00 min/mile pace (42:00).
Gut-check
Breakfast: 3 6oz. Yoplait yogurts, water.
Lunch: 2 hard boiled eggs, 2 hot dogs, chicken soup, a Coke, bag of popcorn, water.
Dinner: TJ chicken nuggets, 2 pieces of toast w/ peanut butter & honey, water.
Run. Eat. Sleep. Repeat.
=RUMBLE
Monday, March 24, 2008
Monday Night 6's
Labels:
2nd wind training run,
outdoor nature run
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment