Saturday, March 22, 2008

Saturday Long Run

Words of advice: Don't Eat Mexican Food Before The Long Run.

After a busy morning in the restroom that left me feeling dehydrated, I managed to join 2nd Wind for a rare Saturday long run.

Normally we do these on Sunday but given that tomorrow is Easter Sunday and most people would be spending their mornings searching for easter eggs, the long run was pushed forward.

We met at Coach Kao's restaurant, the Oak House at 7:30am and it was a little chilly. Unfortunately I left my gloves in the car so I had to pull my long sleeves over my hands.

I ran the first 4 miles with Michael, Tim, and Drew at a 7min/mile pace. We dropped Michael and continued to mile 6 for the first water stop. I popped a Gu and took whatever was left in my water bottle with me. Drew pushed ahead of Tim and I up Foothill but never got far. As we turned back onto Bernal, we saw Drew missed the turn. Tim wasn't enjoying the 7 minute pace and decided to "miss" the turn too. I headed in the residential loop alone.

Business: Long run for 13.4 miles at an average 7:16min/mile pace (1:37:32).
Splits are as follows:
Mile 1: 8:54 (0:08:54) - Michael, Tim, Drew, Terry.
Mile 2: 8:05 (0:17:00) - Starting to break away from the rest of the team.
Mile 3: 7:00 (0:24:00) - Someone pushed the pace.
Mile 4: 6:34 (0:30:34) - .
Mile 5: 6:30 (0:37:06) - I'm officially warmed up.
Mile 6: 7:54 (0:45:00) - Unofficial waterstop.
Mile 7: 7:34 (0:52:34) - Flat stretch of Foothill. Drew pushes ahead.
Mile 8: 7:14 (0:59:49) - Tim and I don't let Drew out of our sights.
Mile 9: 7:04 (1:06:53) - Tim splits. I run the loop alone.
Mile 10: 7:21 (1:14:14) - Heading down Valley.
Mile 11: 7:42 (1:21:56) - Running solo and bored.
Mile 12: 6:40 (1:28:36) - Turn to Santa Rita.
Mile 13: 6:20 (1:34:56) - I pass Iliana.
Mile 13.4: 6:30 (1:37:32) - To the finish.

End-of-Week Summary:



Gut-check
Breakfast: A banana, Gu, water, Gatorade.
Lunch: Salami sandwich, banana, water.
Dinner: .

RUN.

=RUMBLE

No comments: