Thursday, April 10, 2008

Pain in the Neck

I haven't had a chance to update the blog as frequently as I'd hoped but I haven't run as much as I'd hoped either.

I've been visiting doctors and chiropractors for neck pain and sore calves. The neck pain freaking sucked as I couldn't sleep comfortably and had to actually lift my head up out of bed using my hand. It has since gotten better. My left calf is still sore today but that didn't stop me from going out for some serious miles with my run buddy, Chris. I stretched for 20 minutes before and after the run. It took me a while to get into the zone but halfway through, I was feeling GREAT! I guess that's around the time I told Chris we'd go up and over Old Ranch Road much to his displeasure. :-)

Business:
Tuesday - 2 miles in 00:13:45.31 @ a 6:52min/mile pace, chest/triceps, chiropractor.
Wednesday - 2 miles in 00:13:44.22 @ a 6:52min/mile pace, back/biceps, MMA
Thursday - 13 miles in 00:01:36.45 @ a 7:26min/mile pace.

Gut-check
Tuesday
Breakfast: 3 6oz. Yoplait yogurts, a chocolate croissant, water.
Lunch: In-N-Out double-double protein style, fries, chocolate shake.
Dinner: Spaghetti, red sauce, milk, & a cup of ice cream.

Wednesday
Breakfast: Bowl of oat cereal, 1% milk, banana, water.
Lunch: Protein bar, water.
Dinner: Pasta & peas, milk, water.

Thursday
Breakfast: Bowl of oat cereal, 1% milk, banana, water.
Lunch: Chicken sandwich, fries, salad w/ garbanzo beans, water.
Dinner: Pasta w/ cauliflower, milk, water.

Run. Eat. Sleep. Repeat.

=RUMBLE

No comments: