As the title implies it's another hot day... or I ate a bucket of KFC.
By 8am, it was already 87 degrees. I really didn't want to get out of bed this morning because the heat made for an uneasy sleep but the boy needed to get to school. He felt like I did and getting him there on time was quite a chore.
I was suppose to join Chris on another 14 mile long run. We both planned I'd drive to the midpoint and join him on the trip back to the gym. He left a little earlier and I got totally delayed at my son's school (Friday assembly) so by the time I got to my house to switch from car to bike, it was already late. I had my mother-in-law drive me to work and planned to run from the gym and meet Chris where ever I catch him on Iron Horse.
I went out at a 6:40 pace and spotted Chris just after Amador Valley. I was already feeling the heat and sweating like crazy. The combination of intense quad work on my bike the last two days plus the heat really drained me. I was happy to turn around and head back to the gym's A/C and ice-cold drinking fountain.
I spent a good 20 minutes stretching and rolling and balancing on the circular cushiony pad-thingy then took a cold shower.
Bay to Breakers this weekend. I'll not run tomorrow so my quads are fully recovered to attack Hayes Street hill. My predicted time is under 52 minutes. Stretch goal of 50 sometihng or 6:36min/mile pace.
Business: Ran outside for 5 miles.
Splits are as follows:
Mile 1: 6:40 (0:06:40)
Mile 2: 7:00 (0:13:40)
Mile 3: 7:10 (0:20:50)
Mile 4: 7:20 (0:28:10)
Mile 5: 7:37 (0:35:47)
Gut-check
Breakfast: Water, granola bar, sports drink.
Lunch: Calzone, water, ice cream bar, Odwalla protein shake.
Dinner: Pasta w/ cauliflower, toast, mozarella, milk, water.
Run. Eat. Sleep. Repeat.
=RUMBLE
Friday, May 16, 2008
Fried Day
Labels:
outdoor nature run
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment