Today I rode my bike into work. Round trip it's 5+ miles. I wanted to make sure the wheels didn't fall off during tomorrow's Bike to Work Day.
Just before lunch, my boss, Scott, called a quick meeting and informed us that our colleague, Paula, suffered a brain aneurysm last night and is in a coma. She is a very kind, hard-working individual who moved to Las Vegas to take care of her mother. She really cared about the quality of her work and enjoyed visiting us.
Just yesterday Scott was on the phone with her when she interrupted him midsentence and said she didn't feel well and had to get off the call. He thought nothing of it and then received the call from her sister today with the terrible news.
I thought it was all pretty f'd up so I decided to think about it over a ride. I got my things, changed at the gym and went out for 11 miles. I got back in time for my league volleyball game. Scott agreed to sub for us since no one else cares to show up. The other team had its entire roster of 6 show up. So, do the math... 3 vs. 6. We played hard and it was damn hot. We lost, then won and took them to game 3 but then lost.
Completed my roundtrip ride home and remembered I offered the kids a ride yesterday so add another mile or 2 to my mileage grand total for the day.
Business: Bike 16+ (5 + 11) miles. Volleyball.
Splits are as follows:
Mile 1: 4:32 (0:04:32)
Mile 2: 3:35 (0:08:07)
Mile 3: 3:37 (0:11:45)
Mile 4: 3:46 (0:15:32)
Mile 5: 4:25 (0:19:57)
Mile 6: 3:53 (0:23:51)
Mile 7: 4:11 (0:28:03)
Mile 8: 3:56 (0:31:59)
Mile 9: 4:06 (0:35:05)
Mile 10: 4:27 (0:39:32)
Mile 11: 3:46 (0:43:08)
Gut-check
Breakfast: Granola bar, an orange.
Lunch: Gu, water, 6oz. Yoplait yogurt, 3 hard boiled egg whites, a root beer.
Dinner: Pasta w/ lentils, milk, water, chocolate ice cream.
Jump the shark & Play in the sandbox.
=RUMBLE
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Making Sense Out of Wednesday
Labels:
cycling,
volleyball
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment