Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Wednesday Winners

WE STILL LOSE! HAHA!

Today we had the volleyball league play-offs. I was casually late as I wasn't expecting the rest of the team to show up and needed to get a presentation together. I rocked out some QotSA since I wouldn't be doing my usual pre-volleyball 2 mile warm-up run. I am really diggin' this song and the last minute just ROCKS with that drum solo.

So.. on to the game.. Of all our losing, frustrating games (6 losses), this was the only one where the whole team showed up... and we, the MOST loser team, FREAKIN' WON THE PLAYOFFS! We literally lost every game during the regular season and are now in the CHAMPIONSHIP GAME on Monday.

The games are best 2 of 3 and both matches were very close and real intense. For the first match we rallied to a 23-22 win with Rodelio spiking the ball hard against a defender's block and the ball dropped on their side of the net for the win. Awesome finish...

Then in the second and final match we see-sawed with a 3 point lead, then a 3 point deficit only to rally to the end with a 21-21 score as Mark spiked the ball and a bad bump sent the ball into the trees where it couldn't be recovered and we won 23-21.

How do you follow that? I was going to join MMA if only for the punches since my Achilles is in bad shape but Adam wasn't there today so I just decided to ride... on the stationary bike. I grabbed a back issue of Runner's World magazine and pedaled for 24 minutes. I could tell I got a good cardio workout as my clothes were soaking in sweat (ick!) sorry...

Business: Volleyball, stationary bike for 8 miles in 24:20 @ an average 2:48min/mile pace.

Gut-check
Breakfast: Granola bar, 2 6oz. Yoplait yogurts.
Lunch: Gu, water, chicken sandwich w/ cheese, 2 Odwalla protein shakes.
Dinner: Pasta w/ beans, 2% milk, water.

Win. Ride. Sleep. Repeat.

=RUMBLE

No comments: