I took Monday off so I got the usual weekend plus an extra day to play.
I still haven't joined a weekend run as there's always a convenient and usually valid excuse available.
This weekend was no exception.. it was my friend's wedding in Long Beach combined with a quick trip to Catalina Island for my wife and my wedding anniversary.
Although it wasn't planned, on Sunday I managed to get in a 2 hour kayaking workout which really stressed my forearms and legs. My arms would pull the paddle down and back while my legs pressed my heels into the boat to keep me firmly seated. It was a good workout.
Monday was a lot of walking around with a quick sprint to the boat before it departed and another sprint to the car in the parking lot.
Tuesday I rode 3 miles. I climbed onto the stationary bike. I set the bike to manual program amd rode at level 9. I was over 100 rpms and averaged 23mphs with a few spikes to 28mph. I worked out my shoulders afterwards and just could not stop sweating.
Business:
Sunday: Kayaking, parasailing.
Monday: Walking, shopping, ad hoc sprints.
Tuesday: Stationary bike for 4 miles in 10:05, shoulder workout.
Splits are as follows:
Mile 1 Ride: 2:30 (0:02:30), 163 max bpm
Mile 2 Ride: 2:35 (0:05:05), 177 max bpm
Mile 3 Ride: 2:35 (0:07:40), 175 max bpm
Mile 4 Ride: 2:25 (0:10:05), 180 max bpm
Gut-check
Sunday
Breakfast: Latte, muffin, chocolate peanut butter protein bar.
Lunch: Chips, pizza, water.
Dinner: Bread, butter, crab cakes, swordfish, baked potato, magarita, water.
Monday
Breakfast: Pastries, bagel w/ cream cheese, banana, decaf coffee.
Lunch: Chips, Sprite, water.
Dinner: 3x2 double-double protein style, fries, chocolate milkshake, water.
Tuesday
Breakfast: Raisin-nut cereal, 2% milk, peanut butter protein bar.
Lunch: Chicken salad, 2 Odwalla protein shakes, pretzels, water.
Dinner: Pizza, Dr. Pepper, water.
Run. Eat. Sleep. Repeat.
=RUMBLE
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Weekend + One
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment