Monday, December 29, 2008

Heart Rate Running

Luckily I got into the gym today before they closed early for the holiday and I lost all motivation.

I strapped on my new toy from Mrs. Claus for this workout. My Timex Ironman Triathlon HRM watch crapped out in February and I never replaced it so she got me the same model because that's just what I wanted. I looked at Polar and other brands but my Ironman records alot of useful data for the right price($50)... there's just chance it'll crap out in a year or two. Also, it's good to be familiar with how a watch works so I'm don't waste a good run only to find out I didn't do something to capture the data correctly.

I started my stop watch, pressed play on the iPod and ran on the treadmill for 3 miles. I'm still a little under the weather so I didn't push too hard today but managed a few bicep curls before the gym closed early.

Business: Treadmill. 3 miles @ avg. 7:11 min/mile pace. Biceps.
Splits are as follows:
Mile  1: 7:25.23 (0:07:25.23), 150bpm
Mile  2: 6:58.17 (0:14:23.40), 180bpm
Mile  3: 7:23.55 (0:21:46.95), 182bpm

2min Recovery: 184bpm -> 131bpm
AvgHR:  170
PeakHR: 188
MinHR:   88
TotCal: 408

Gut-check
Breakfast: 2 bowls of oat cereal, 1% milk, 6 oz. Yoplait yogurt, water.
Lunch: Odwalla vanilla soy protein shake (170cal), banana, apple, water.
Dinner: , water.

Run. Eat. Sleep. Repeat.

=RUMBLE

160 lbs.

No comments: