Friday, May 1, 2009

Friday Night Lights

6pm. quick change after getting home from work.

Still a light rain. Oh well. It'll probably be like this on Sunday for the race. I head through the park and down Dougherty. Hang a right onto Iron Horse Trail (IHT) and begin the long trek to Montevideo.

The rain pours down for short periods. I have to watch the path closely and avoid snails. I keep my head down hiding my face under the bill of my hat. Reach Montevideo and the 5 mile mark. I walk for 2 minutes to return a call (yeah, on my cellphone) and my heart rate drops from 180bpm to 130bpm.

I begin the return trip down Alcosta with a little more stamina. I attack Old Ranch Road just as some kids on bikes pull up behind me. I leave them wavering side-to-side as they struggle to get up the hill and my heart wants to burst out of my chest like a scene from Aliens. Suprisingly I didn't see them again until I got to Dougherty and headed south.

This stretch of Dougherty is very familiar and passes under my feet quickly. I start daydreaming about hot chocolate, chocolate ice cream, getting dry, and just anything else that doesn't involve bipedal movement. One last loop around the park and then home. I stretched for 20 minutes then went inside for the unpleasant shock of an ice bath $#*!#@$#!. 30 minutes of that offset by drinking hot cocoa while soaking. Ate a banana w/ peanut butter then strawberries & anything else readily available to gobble up. Sports cream on my calves and shins then type this up and go to sleep...

Business: Outdoor running. 9.3 miles in 52:56.15 @ an average 7:33 min/mile pace.
Mile  1: 7:11.25 (0:07:11.25), 142bpm
Mile  2: 7:26.56 (0:14:37.81), 142bpm
Mile  3: 7:25.16 (0:22:02.97), 176bpm
Mile  4: 7:41.32 (0:29:44.29), 177bpm
Mile  5: 7:38.64 (0:37:22.93), 178bpm
Mile  6: 7:43.88 (0:45:06.81), 175bpm
Mile  7: 7:51.69 (0:52:58.50), 174bpm
Mile  8: 7:21.86 (1:00:02.36), 176bpm
Mile  9: 7:37.62 (1:07:57.98), 178bpm
Mile  9.3: 2:17.09 (1:10:15.07), 183bpm

2min Recovery: 182bpm -> 132bpm
AvgHR:  169
PeakHR: 190
MinHR:   72
TotCal: 1291

Gut-check
a croissant, Casa Orozco chicken fajitas, alot of chips&salsa, Dr. Pepper, water, hot cocoa, chocolate milk, banana w/ pb, strawberries, more water.
Run. Eat. Sleep. Repeat.

=RUMBLE
157lbs.

No comments: