Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tuesday Twelve


Quick recap of the run:

Went out hot but reigned it in by Mile 1. I stumbled upon a snake in the middle of the road at Mile 1.5 just before Amador Valley. It was a gardener snake. I'll post a pic of the little bugger once I get it off my cellphone.




At Mile 3-4 I was wishing I didn't tell anyone I was running 12 so I could cut it short but glad that I had more motivation to keep my target. It got pretty miserable out there as I was wearing my long sleeve and no rain, little cool wind and it was a lot warmer than I expected.

Since I didn't have my Garmin, I used the mile markers on Iron Horse Trail but also realized I'd have to stick to the trail and not go over Old Ranch to Dougherty. I made it to the park at Bollinger and popped a Gu and drank some water then headed back. I slogged along but even my slogging was sub-8 with no one to pace me.

I made it back to the gym and got some ice on my left calf muscle, doused my head in cold water, drank 5 cups of water and stretched. I was exhausted but it was good to go long again. My speed hasn't ever been a real issue but my long distance endurance has always needed work.

Hopefully I'll get in a 5K tomorrow and go long again Thursday.


Business: Outdoor running. 12 miles in 1:29:01 @ an average 7:25 min/mile pace.
Mile  1: 7:08.80 (0:07:08.80), 173bpm
Mile  2: 7:59.62 (0:15:08.42), 166bpm
Mile  3: 7:56.10 (0:23:04.52), 175bpm
Mile  4: 7:15.50 (0:30:20.02), 172bpm
Mile  5: 7:50.94 (0:38:10.96), 181bpm
Mile  6: 6:38.95 (0:44:49.91), 177bpm
Mile  7: 7:38.16 (0:07:04.19), 179bpm
Mile  8: 7:39.65 (0:14:43.84), 182bpm
Mile  9: 7:44.97 (0:21:57.42), 180bpm
Mile 10: 7:19.31 (0:29:17.70), 176bpm
Mile 11: 8:00.65 (0:36:07.76), 179bpm
Mile 12: 7:36.26 (1:29:01.32), 182bpm

2min Recovery: 184bpm -> 147bpm
AvgHR:  175
PeakHR: 186
MinHR:   67
TotCal: 1749

Gut-check
a yogurt, 2 slices of cinnamon-raisan toast, Odwalla protein shake, pack of Gu, water and more water, rootbeer,.

Run. Eat. Sleep. Repeat.

=RUMBLE

No comments: