Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Easy Day

It could've been an easy day but then I decided to go to the gym.

I grabbed an old issue of Outside magazine and hopped on the stationary bike for 14 minutes. There was an article on New Years Resolutions and had contributions from Dean Kanazes. Aside from the normal advise on exercise and other crap, Dean said something I really identifed with...

"There's no struggle in our life, no sense of adventure. I've found that I'm never more alive than when I'm pushing and I'm in pain and I'm struggling for high achievement."

I went on to lose yet another volleyball tournament game (and yes, it would help if more than half my team would show up to these things) then I did martial arts. Volleyball is never that cardio-intense so it provided a needed break before a tough MMA class.

Business: Stationary bike for 5 miles in 14:00 @ an average 2:48min/mile pace, volleyball & MMA.

Gut-check
Breakfast: 3 6oz. Yoplait yogurts, banana, water.
Lunch: Granola bar, water, 2 salami/provolone sandwiches, rootbeer.
Dinner: Pasta w/ beans, 2% milk, cup of chocolate ice cream, water.

Ride. Spike. Kick. Repeat.

=RUMBLE

No comments: