Tomorrow is Mother's Day so most people wont be able to do the long run so I managed to join 2nd Wind for a rare 13.4 mile Saturday long run.
We met at Coach Kao's restaurant, the Oak House at 7:15am and it was a good, easy run.
I started off running with Iliana, Tara, Fermin, Coach and Michael. The pace was easy and in preparation for a faster pace, I popped a Gu at the first water stop at mile 3. Shortly afterwards at mile 4, most of the returning Boston Marathoners split for 10 miles as the 3 of us, Ron, Iliana and I pushed on for 14 miles.
Coach had given instructions to keep pace with Iliana and I complied. At mile 5 we had another water stop and I drank a whole bottle. I figured that would also help keep me running 8+min/miles. We headed up Foothill back toward Bernal and on to the residential loop. Iliana dropped back a few times but Ron and I waited at the traffic lights. We connected with the Koll Business Center path to Valley and made our last water stop at mile 10.5. I was well hydrated from earlier and decided Valley was a safe enough road to pickup the pace and move ahead of Iliana.
Ron and I headed down Valley at a 7:40 pace and he said he'd drop but never did. We got to Santa Rita and passed Noah's. I moved ahead slightly crossing Black Avenue and returned to Oak House under 2 hours.
Business: Long run for 13.4 miles at an average 8:11min/mile pace (1:49:39).
Splits are as follows:
Mile 1: 7:40 (0:07:40) - Oak House through downtown Pleasanton.
Mile 2: 8:05 (0:15:45) - Out to Happy Valley. "Stay behind Iliana"
Mile 3: 8:37 (0:24:22) - Gu and first water stop.
Mile 4: 9:30 (0:33:52) - Split for 14.
Mile 5: 8:19 (0:42:11) - Boring to the bridge. Drank a bottle of water.
Mile 6: 8:14 (0:50:25) - Foothill.
Mile 7: 8:17 (0:58:42) - Foothill to Bernal.
Mile 8: 8:13 (1:06:55) - Lagoon subdivision to Valley.
Mile 9: 8:06 (1:15:01) - Koll Biz footpath.
Mile 10: 7:48 (1:22:49) - Valley.
Mile 11: 7:46 (1:30:35) - Valley crosses Hopyard.
Mile 12: 7:48 (1:38:23) - Valley to Santa Rita.
Mile 13: 7:36 (1:45:59) - Valley crosses Black.
Mile 13.4: 3:40 (1:49:39) - Oak House.
Gut-check
Breakfast: Gu, chocolate milk, water, Gatorade, chocolate donut.
Lunch: Pasta w/ clams, sourdough bread, water.
Dinner: Baja Fresh bare burrito, chips & salsa, Dr. Pepper, water.
R.U.N.?
=RUMBLE
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Saturday Long Run
Labels:
2nd wind long run
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment