For today's title, I wasn't sure if I'd go with sarcasm or the truth. After reading, you'll figure out which I chose.
We have great weather so it was time to tour our fair city of Pleasanton.
Although I had some residual soreness from the 10K, I went out for 6.8 miles with Chris. It was suppose to be either hill repeats or speed work but ended up being a little of both with a tidbit of torture.
Note to self: When running with recovering calves and sore quads, happy hills turn into lung-scorching, heart-bursting demons! Okay, a little on the dramatic but you get the point and it didn't help that after the Las Positas repeat, I forgot we had a hill on Foothill before Stoneridge.
In summary, I just wasn't feelin' it today. Maybe this is the low to balance my Sunday high. I don't even have much of an appetite. Eating is a real chore. I'll be cross-training tomorrow and hopefully get out of the funk.
Business: Ran outside 6.8 miles in 52:13 @ avg. 7:41min/mile pace.
Splits are as follows:
Mile 1: 7:37 (0:07:37)
Mile 2: 7:37 (0:15:14)
Mile 3: 7:47 (0:22:01)
Mile 4: 7:50 (0:29:51)
Mile 5: 7:21 (0:37:12)
Mile 6: 7:43 (0:45:55)
Mile 6.8: 6:18 (0:52:13)
Gut-check
Breakfast: Bowl of oat cereal, 1% milk.
Lunch: Odwalla protein shake, mixed salad w/ garbanzo beans, water.
Dinner: Gnocchi, ice cream, water.
Run. Eat. Sleep. Repeat.
=RUMBLE
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Happy Hills
Labels:
outdoor nature run
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment