It wasn't hot today so I thought there may be a chance I'd run. Maybe I'd do something easy on the treadmill as recovery.
Around noon and I was getting hungry and thinking about going to the cafeteria when the call came in..."Hi Chris, are you running today?"
Chris was at the gym and ready to do hill repeats. My quads were still sore from Hayes Street and I started saying, "I wasn't planning to..." and Chris quickly said "Okay, no problem" but then I changed my mind and told him I'd meet him there in 5 minutes with another 5 minutes to get ready to run. What the hell, right? Motivation to workout is a good thing... sometimes I push Chris and sometimes he pushes me.
My muscles felt sluggish at the start as I'm sure they're still recovering from the race but I knew there was no injury and nothing felt wrong with my stride.
We did the usual route heading west on Las Positas. We started hill repeats at Las Positas & Muirwood up to Foothill for two. The cold headwind didn't want us going up those hills as it blasted us on the uphill climb. I tried to think positive thoughts and imagine that same wind cooling us off and acting as a tailwind on the run back.
Instead of running along Foothill toward Stoneridge, we went back down to Muirwood and headed north. We finished with two more hill repeats as Muirwood climbs back toward Foothill. We totalled 8.4 miles. I was exhausted but kept a good pace on the way back to ClubOne. We did a 20 minute stretch at the gym and hit the showers.
In summary, another hill repeat workout where I wasn't feelin' 100% and again eating lunch afterward was a real chore.
Business: Ran outside 8.4 miles in 1:02:29 @ avg. 7:26min/mile pace.
Splits are as follows:
Mile 1: 7:31 (0:07:31)
Mile 2: 7:42 (0:15:13)
Mile 3: 8:12 (0:23:25)
Mile 4: 8:00 (0:31:25)
Mile 5: 7:06 (0:38:31)
Mile 6: 7:47 (0:46:18)
Mile 7: 7:16 (0:53:34)
Mile 8: 7:04 (1:00:38)
Mile 8.4: 1:51 (1:02:29)
Gut-check
Breakfast: 2 pieces of toast w/ Nutella.
Lunch: Odwalla protein shake, chicken sandwich, fries, water, no-caffeine soda.
Dinner: Pasta w/ ham, 2% milk, water.
Run. Eat. Sleep. Hill Repeat.
=RUMBLE
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Hill Street Two's
Labels:
outdoor nature run
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment