I took the day off from running but not work. We've had some personnel issues in our group and I'm picking up some of the extra work.
When this little code monkey needed a break and a banana, I did a little organizing and planning.
I marked up the calendar with upcoming races and planned out my training schedule for a Boston-qualifying 3:15:00 CIM finish. Most important for this goal is to evaluate what happened last year and correct it. There's no reason to hit the same wall twice!
The new "Weekly Distance Target" will move from 26 miles to 36 miles to build the base I was lacking on my first attempt. An early measure of success will come from a half-marathon finish in 1:32:00. This will fit nicely into the formula (2xhalf+10minutes) for a "calculated" 3:14:00 marathon time. Figuring out stable food sources for race day will be the other priority.
Tomorrow morning I'll do a short-easy-long run (11 miles).
Gut-check
Breakfast: Bowl of Lucky Charms, 2% milk, grape juice, 6oz. Yoplait yogurt.
Lunch: Water, #25 Togo's BBQ beef sandwich, 2 bags of chips, banana, Jamba Juice Strawberry Whirl.
Dinner: Pizza, water.
Work. Relax. Work. Relax.
=RUMBLE
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Saturday Slacker
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment