Today I got into the gym relatively early at 10am.
No need to aggravate my knee so I jumped on the stationary bike and cranked up my iPod ready to do some work while simultaneously doing some reading work.
I set the bike to manual program and jacked it up to level 9. I was easily over 100 rpms and averaged 20mphs with a few spikes to 27mph.
I quickly had to ditch my reading schedule as my cycling intensified. I switched between level 8 and 9 the entire ride and was really dripping sweat when I finished 8 miles in 23 minutes.
I stayed on another 7 minutes to cool off and talk with Chris who came and began riding the bike beside mine. After an even 30 minutes, I stretched and finished with a shoulder workout.
Business: Stationary bike for 8 miles in 23:00, stretch and finished with a shoulder workout.
Splits are as follows:
Mile 1 Ride: 3:00 (0:03:00), 143 max bpm
Mile 2 Ride: 2:30 (0:05:30), 179 max bpm
Mile 3 Ride: 3:00 (0:08:30), 165 max bpm
Mile 4 Ride: 3:00 (0:11:30), 165 max bpm
Mile 5 Ride: 2:30 (0:14:00), 180 max bpm
Mile 6 Ride: 3:00 (0:17:00), 164 max bpm
Mile 7 Ride: 3:00 (0:20:00), 159 max bpm
Mile 8 Ride: 3:00 (0:23:00), 160 max bpm
Gut-check
Breakfast: Three 6oz. Yoplait yogurts, granola bar.
Lunch: Gyro, salad, fries, yogurt, soda.
Dinner: .
Run. Eat. Sleep. Repeat.
=RUMBLE
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Thursday Spin Doctor
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment