Thursday, August 7, 2008

Wednesday Workout

I decided to take my bum knee out for a test drive.

I went to the gyn around noon and quickly jumped on the treadmill. The usual suspects were around: Ariel and Chris Chung on the treadmill, John & Tim outside running, and Adam behind the front desk waiting to lay down some hurt in MMA at 1 o'clock. None for me today though. phew!

I knew as soon as I started to run my knee would not have it. The pain came on quickly and so I ignored it. I did this weird shuffle with my feet to avoid extending my legs in front of me. It's like this little steps like I'm pedaling a bike. I did that for a mile before realizing maybe I should just head over to the stationary bike for a REAL workout.

I set the bike to manual program and jacked it up to level 8 and pushed over 100 rpms and 24mph for 3 miles. Got alot of sweat from that workout. I finished with back & biceps.

Business: Ran on the treadmill 1 mile in 6:30, rode the stationary bike for 3 miles in 8:30, and finished with a back & biceps workout.
Splits are as follows:
Mile  1 Run: 6:30 (0:06:30), 160 max bpm

Mile  1 Ride: 3:00 (0:03:00), 160 max bpm
Mile  2 Ride: 2:30 (0:05:30), 180 max bpm
Mile  3 Ride: 3:00 (0:08:30), 170 max bpm

Gut-check
Breakfast: Bowl of oat cereal, 2% milk.
Lunch: 2 slices of pizza, kelbasa, water.
Dinner: Sandwich steak, broccoli, water, ice cream.

Run. Eat. Sleep. Repeat.

=RUMBLE

weight: 148lbs.

No comments: