Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Day for an Armadillo 5K

Being so out of tune with running, I mistakenly thought I would have a chance to run the Bah Humbug 5K in San Ramon this year only to find out it was this past weekend (same weekend as CIM) after reading a few friends' Facebook headlines.

I was a little bummed about it although I know it would've only been a test of my mediocre fitness versus my willingness to puke to get a new PR. Most of you who know me know what would've happened if I raced.

Unfortunately, I accepted an invite to Armadillo Willy's for lunch. Not much there that wont induce a BBQ-meat-coma. After returning to the office, John and I agreed to digust and hit the gym in 2 hours.

I got on the treadmill with the 5K in mind and beef brisket in my belly. Low-and-behold there's was a little program button on this particular machine that reads "5K Race". What the hell... It was one of my faster, more uncomfortable workouts.

Business: Treadmill. 3.11 in 21:30 @ an average 6:55 min/mile pace + 1 mile cooldown 8:30 min/mile. Biceps & back workout.
Splits are as follows:
Mile  1: 7:30 (0:07:30)
Mile  2: 7:00 (0:14:30)
Mile  3.1: 6:30 (0:20:30)
Mile  4: 8:30 (0:29:00)

Gut-check
Breakfast: Apple-cheese danish which ironically contained no apples or cheese.
Lunch: Armadillo Willy's Death-By-BBQ-Brisket Sandwich, Cherry Pepsi balanced by a side salad w/ bleu cheese dressing.
Dinner: water.

Run. Eat. Sleep. Repeat.

=RUMBLE

feels like 180 lbs.

No comments: