Thursday, December 11, 2008

Long Run Combo

I was expecting to run about 6 miles today. I knew it would be painfully slow and boring on the treadmill but at 11:30, I headed to the gym and jumped on the treadmill. I knew I'd stop short for a stretch so I ran for a mile then took 5 minutes to stretch out.

I couldn't decide between an 8 min/mile pace for 2 miles or 3 miles. I got to the 2 mile mark and decided to go for 3 when John showed up to go for a run outside. Just then Chris also arrived so I invited him to join us.

Chris and I were running behind so I told John to start ahead of us and we'd catch up. We ran the 5 mile In-N-Out route and caught John on Centennial Trail before turning into Val Vista Park and heading back.

Business: 8 mile combo.. Treadmill. 3 miles in 25:00 @ an average 8:20 min/mile pace. Outdoor run. 5 miles in 40 minutes @ an average 8min/mile pace.
Splits are as follows:
Mile  1: 9:00 (0:09:00)
Mile  2: 8:00 (0:17:00)
Mile  3: 8:00 (0:25:00)
Mile  4: 8:00 (0:33:00)
Mile  5: 8:00 (0:41:00)
Mile  6: 8:00 (0:49:00)
Mile  7: 8:00 (0:57:00)
Mile  8: 8:00 (1:05:00)

Gut-check
Breakfast: Odwalla, glazed donut, water.
Lunch: Banana, oat cereal, 2% milk, water, water, water...
Dinner: Pork chops, 2% milk, water.

Run. Eat. Sleep. Repeat.

=RUMBLE

161 lbs.

No comments: