Today was Bike to Work Day so I did...
But first, I drove Matthew to school. An unusual amount of motorbike officers on the road watching stop signs along Amador Valley Blvd. today. I went home and hopped on my bike.
The plan was a repeat of last year. I was to meet my coworkers at Bollinger & Iron Horse Trail (IHT) at 8:15 but since it was now 8:10 and I had to call and let them know I'd be late. I huffed my way over Old Ranch Road and made my way to IHT.
I saw the crew on IHT but continued on to the Bollinger Energize station because I desperately need some water, rest and the free goodies like water, OJ, a free backpack, shirt... My heavy mountain bike and the laptop/clothes/shoes/etc in my backpack were killing me but I didn't stay long.
Joseph doubled back to the station and rode with me to catch the rest of the crew on the ride south on IHT.
We rode the 6 miles down Iron Horse Trail to work at a moderate speed.
We arrived at work and I had an all-hands meeting in 20 minutes so I had to lock-up my bike, grab my work clothes and shower at the gym. I made it to the meeting on time but it didn't let out until noon so I was starving!
I had some work to do so I just ate whatever I had in my office. I'm not looking forward to the ride home as I think I've rode far enough over the last 2 days. I'll run tomorrow to test my lower left calf muslce for Bay to Breakers 12K this weekend.
Business: Bike 14 miles.
Splits are as follows:
Mile 1: 4:16 (0:04:16)
Mile 2: 5:30 (0:09:46)
Mile 3: 3:24 (0:13:10)
Mile 4: 3:41 (0:00:00)
Mile 5: 5:03 (0:00:00)
Mile 6: 4:30 (0:00:00)
Mile 7: 4:10 (0:00:00)
Mile 8: 4:16 (0:00:00)
Mile 9: 5:30 (0:00:00)
Mile 10: 3:24 (0:00:00)
Mile 11: 0:00 (0:00:00)
Mile 12: 0:00 (0:00:00)
Mile 13: 0:00 (0:00:00)
Mile 14: 0:00 (0:00:00)
Gut-check
Ride & Repeat.
=RUMBLE
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Ride to Work Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment