Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Too Freakin' Hot Six Mile Tuesday

Although it was hot today (98°F), I decided to run outside.

I headed under BART and onto Iron Horse Trail (IHT) at the usual pace. Once I crossed Amador Valley I knew my immediate goal was just to get to the turn around point at Alcosta for a breather.. There's a shaded bench at the turnabout and I was over-heating with a 185bpm heart rate. I took 10 minutes to relax and cool off but didn't have any water available.

Once I started heading back, my body felt sluggish as the heat baked my body and zapped my energy. I kept moving and stopped briefly at the Amador Valley crossing.

Business: Outdoor Run. 6.38 miles in 45:48 @ an average 7:17 min/mile pace.
Splits are as follows:
Mile  1: 7:28.39 (0:07:28.39), 167bpm
Mile  2: 7:23.58 (0:14:51.97), 180bpm
Mile  3: 6:59.56 (0:21:51.53), 185bpm
Mile  4: 7:02.45 (0:28:53.98), 179bpm
Mile  5: 7:12.60 (0:36:06.58), 184bpm
Mile  6: 7:06.58 (0:43:13.16), 186bpm
Mile 6.38: 2:34.26 (0:45:47.42), 193bpm

2min Recovery: 184bpm -> 147bpm
AvgHR:  185
PeakHR: 196
MinHR:   136
TotCal: 666

Gut-check
Breakfast: 2 6oz. Yoplait yogurts, chocolate milk, pastry.
Lunch: Water, water, protein bar, chocolate milk, water, water, water.
Dinner: water.

Run. Eat. Sleep. Repeat.

=RUMBLE

No comments: