Wednesday, December 5, 2007

A Restless Recovery

Well, a few days have passed and my muscles were getting restless so I took the opportunity to start active recovery workouts. 2 miles on the treadmill. The first mile was slow and I read a copy of "Runner's World" I got from a friend. Usually, I am never able to read but it was nice to take it easy that first mile until becoming bored out of my skull. A quick mile to finish and end with a back and bicep workout.

Business: 2 miles on the treadmill (9:30/7:30). Back and bicep workout.

As part of my training, I need to focus on my diet. My problem doesn't involve eating BigMacs or triple chocolate cake, but I routinely miss a meal or two thoughout the day. So, I'll be tracking what I eat along with my exercise totals.

Gut-check
Breakfast: 2 pieces of toast with peanut butter.
Lunch: A chicken sandwich, Odwalla Protein drink, vegetables, curly fries.
Dinner: Gnocchi, brocolli, water.

Here is my running schedule which can be found at the bottom of this blog:
Monday: rest
Tuesday: rest
Wednesday: 2 miles easy + weights
Thursday: 2 miles easy + weights
Friday: 2 miles easy + weights
Saturday: 3 miles easy
Sunday: 6 miles
Total: 15 miles

=RUMBLE

No comments: