Not much new today except for the really crappy weather. It is raining so my shortcut to the gym is a bit more treacherous.
Workout consisted of 3 miles on the bike as I worked through back-issues of Runner's World magazine. I just happened to stumbled across a section of Q&A in the November'07 issue which very accurately described my marathon symptoms of hypothermia:
Q: After a recent long run in mild temps, I was shivering and weak. What happened?
A: It is possible you experiencing the effects of hypothermia, or low core body temperature, which can include weakness or lethargy, shivering, lightheadedness or dizziness, and mild conflusion. Hypothermia can develop even on moderately cool days, especially in windy and wet weather. Runners are particularly susceptible in the late stages of a long run or race when your pace slows, the ability of the muscles to generate heat diminishes, and your clothes become damp from sweating. Seek warm shelter, get into dry clothes and drink warm fluids, which will help prevent more serious effects." - Mark Schecker, M.D.
I ran a 6:40 mile on the treadmill and ended with a weak chest and tricep workout.
Gut-check:
Breakfast - 2 6oz. Yoplait yogurts.
Lunch - Soup, chicken curry & rice.
Dinner - Pesto pasta, glass of milk.
Try to stay dry.
=RUMBLE
No comments:
Post a Comment