Ken is a supportive running partner who also happens to be my father-in-law.
He was a Captain in the Marines and did a large amount of running as part of his fitness regimen while in the corps. He's run a fair amount of marathons and helped coach individuals toward their marathon goals. Obviously he's given me advice on my running from time to time, beat me to the finish line on at least one occassion, and has steered me in the right direction for my training.
Business: 5 miles in 43 minutes.
Ken recently returned from a 2 week cruise in the Carribean with little cardio so this run over Old Ranch Road was a little more strenuous on him than me but he was right along side me to the end. I liked his comment that he added a few extra pounds on the trip and it felt like he was running with the ship's anchor wrapped around him. I think we've all had runs like that! Oh, and I don't want to forget about the chilling cold air as we stepped out the door this morning. It was like someone grabbing you by the shirt and slapping you around. We were certainly awake and the snot was flowing freely from my nose as I ran.
After the run, Rosemary and I entertained the kids today with a Christmas Festival followed by a trip to Marine World for the Christmas Celebration which was not all that spectacular.
Gut-check
Breakfast: Oat-cereal with lowfat milk & banana
Lunch: Chile's chicken sandwich w/ veggies.
Dinner: Marine World crappy food & a bowl of Cheerios.
Tomorrow, I'm scheduled for a 5 mile run easy with 2nd Wind Athletics at 8am. I'll have my gloves this time to thwart that bitter cold wind.
Drop the anchor and run!
=RUMBLE
Saturday, December 8, 2007
Anchors Away!
Labels:
outdoor nature run
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment