Friday, December 7, 2007

Disqualified for going deaf?

I'm beat! If you see what I ate for lunch you'll understand why.

Business: 2 miles in 13 minutes. Shoulder and abdominal workout.

Gut-check
Breakfast: 1 6 oz. Yoplait yogurt, bowl of cereal + lowfat milk.
Lunch: BBQ chicken and beef, fries, beans, and a soda . It was superbad.
Dinner: Pasta with red sauce. Water. Yogurt.

It's a slow day so I figured I'd voice my opinion on the following articles on whether iPods should be banned from footraces: ActiveNetwork & CoolRunning.

I wear my iPod at almost every race and also when training. There was one important exception when I ran The Relay which covers 199 miles of open, uncontrolled roads from Calistoga to Santa Cruz throughout the night. For that race, it made absolute sense to ban the wearing of headphones for safety but on a controlled, closed course, I see no reason a person can't wear headphones and I 've personally never felt a competitve advantage from wearing them.

Here's what I'm listening to while running on my treadmill and narrowly escaping death from an overzealous ClubOne staffer pushing an oversized bin of towels in my general direction:
Muse * 17 tracks ("Hysteria")
SilverSunPickups * 11 tracks ("Kissing Families")
Switchfoot * 2 tracks ("Awakening")
The Killers * 4 tracks ("Mr. Brightside")
Filter * 3 tracks ("Nice Shot")
Smashing Pumpkins * 1 track ("Stand Inside Your Love") ("Mayonaise")
Trapt * 2 tracks ("Headstrong")
VanHalen * 1 track ("Aint Talkin' 'Bout Love")
Earshot *3 tracks ("Get Away")
NiN * 2 tracks ("Only")
Coldplay * 3 tracks ("Speed of Sound")
P.O.D. * 2 tracks ("Satellite")
Silverchair * 2 tracks ("Trash")
Nickelback * 6 tracks ("Far Away")
Puddle Of Mudd * 5 tracks ("Blurry")
Dust Brothers * 2 tracks ("Finding The Bomb")
Deftones * 4 tracks ("Digital Bath")
The Strokes * 3 tracks ("Reptilia","The End Has No End")
Radiohead * 2 tracks ("There There")
Hoobastank * 2 tracks ("Out of Control")
Linkin Park * 2 tracks ("Papercut")
Godsmack * 2 tracks ("I Stand Alone")
Offspring * 1 track ("Kids Aren't Alright")
U2 * 1 track ("Vertigo")
A Perfect Circle * 1 track ("Judith")
QotSA * 4 tracks ("First It Giveth", "Go With The Flow)
Audioslave * 1 track ("Be Yourself")
Beastie Boys * 4 tracks ("Time for Livin'")

BTW, anyone else like the SilverSun Pickups despite finding out that the lead singer is a dude and not a chick? That is an interesting voice for a guy but the lyrical hooks, awesome drumming and excellent guitar riffs make it impossible to NOT get addicted to their sound. I'm sure that guy in the band on the mixing board has something to do with this as well.

SSPUs "Well Thought Out Twinkles" from Carnavas



SSPUs "Lazy Eye" from Carnavas



Have a good weekend.

=RUMBLE

No comments: