I needed to read some documents while exercising so I grabbed a bike, my gatorade, and iPod and went to work.
Business: 10 miles cycling in 27 minutes. I ended with legs, calves, and forearm workout.
Gut-check
Breakfast: Oat cereal, half pint of 2% milk.
Lunch: 15 oz. Odwalla omega-3 smoothie, grilled chicken sandwich w/ cheese, large salad, 20 oz. water.
Dinner: Pasta w/ red sauce, water, wine.
My son had his school Christmas production at 7pm tonight but we had to be there at 5:45 to make sure we got frontrow seats. He's in kindergarten and when we could see him, I noticed he was doing a great job singing. Unfortunately, his teacher put him in the lowest part of the back-row riser and he was obscured from our view and our camera during most of the performance. Although I'm calm now describing the situation, it still infuriates me as it did then to think of the teacher's lack of observation and planning. She seems to have no problem mentioning Matthew's height and we've provided stools to make sure he is able to reach everything the other students are able to reach but yet she completely failed to take this into consideration when putting him on the stage! Deep breath and move on to something actionable. We brought the kids home and they got to watch Rankin/Bass Frosty the Snowman and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer before going to bed.
Although late, I drove to my coach's restaurant, the Oak House, to attend the End-of-Year Awards Dinner for the 2nd Wind Running Club. It was good to see everyone dressed up for the evening. I arrived just as they were concluding the awards ceremony MC'd by Michael Stella. It was nice to see very deserving members, volunteers, and coaching staff on the team get some recognition.
2007 Annual 2ndWind Award Winners
Male Runner of the Year – Michael Stella
Female Runner of the Year – Barbara Donlan
Most Improved Male Runner of the Year – Terry Swiers
Most Improved Female Runner of the Year – Christina Santos & Kathy Wondolleck
Most Inspirational Runner of the Year – Dave Aiken
Volunteer Service Award – Sue Anderson
Special award – Gretchen Swiers
New Social Director – Doug Rodgers
Coach Louis Kao also put together an great poster with all our 2007 Personal Records (PRs). I was able to talk to some old running buddies I hadn't seen in a while and we all made plans to run the Kaiser Half Marathon together. A few people dances, fewer did karaoke, there was cake, and a very nice speech by Louis.
A late night for me but I'm really glad I went.
=RUMBLE
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Kindergarten Theatrics & Runner Awards
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment