Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tuesday in Two's

Most of my work is due in 2 days so I'm still quite busy.

I managed to get into the gym during my lunch hour and crank out 4 sub-7 miles before a 1 o'clock meeting.

My calves were sore after my introduction to MMA last Wednesday, then more so after my hilly 15 mile Sunday run and now... Ugh! On top of that I've got other tenderness from my Monday MMA. Who knew repeatedly kicking/punching something would make your ribs and sides sore?? Not to mention the scratched/blistered feet.

Anyway, I arrived on time to my meeting but was still sweating profusely and had to paper-towel-off.

After the meeting, I had the usual lunch dilemma: Oracle's Guckenheimer piece-of-crapateria or drive somewhere off-campus. Joseph reasoned that it was 1:30 so there should still be some good food left and one or two staff to cook and collect the $. Of course when we arrived, they were already putting food away and what was left sucked. Luckily "chef" was still maning the grill so I got my chicken sandwich without the sourdough because they were out. Not a damn Odwalla in stock worth buying. Salad bar was still intact so I got a small salad which I later found out was my only size option. They were out of large boxes. My sandwich got sliced in half and put stacked in a small box. To give you an idea of small, Joseph's burger went in one box and the fries had to go in another. WTF is wrong with this place?!

Business: 2x2 miles.
Mile 1 06:51, 06:51, 176bpm
Mile 2 06:49, 13:41, 181bpm
Mile 3 06:48, 20:29, 187bpm
Mile 4 06:42, 27:12, 189bpm

Gut-check
Breakfast: 2 bowls of oat cereal, 2 pints of 2% milk, 2 peanut butter granola bars.
Lunch: 2 small boxes, 1 containing a chicken sandwich and salad in the other. 2 33oz. cups of water.
Dinner: 2 bowls of pasta w/ red sauce, 2 glasses of water.

=RUMBLE

No comments: