Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Wednesday in Memory

In memory of Penny Barber.

This afternoon, I got word that a good friend of ours died. She was so strong in mind, body and spirit and at 80 years old she could out work most 20 year olds. She lived on a ranch in the hills above Livermore and until recently commuted every day on the train at 5am to San Jose. We'll miss her.

Once a treadmill became available, I climbed on and cranked up the music and speed for 3 miles. I was really pushing the pace the whole time. After 20 minutes of that, I changed from sweaty running attire to dry fighting clothes and went to MMA. I put in a real solid effort and finished with abs. I literally had nothing left in my legs, arms or abs.

Business: 3 treadmill miles in 19:21.00 @ an average 6:27min/mile pace. MMA.
Splits are as follows:
Mile 1: 6:48:08 (0:06:48)
Mile 2: 6:15.97 (0:13:04)
Mile 3: 6:17:00 (0:19:21)

Sensewear Daily Summary (click on image for hi-res):


Gut-check
Breakfast: 2 6 oz. Yoplait yogurts, 1 granola bar, water.
Lunch: Granola bar, water, Dr. Pepper (bad).
Dinner: Pasta w/ lentils, 1% milk, a bowl of bran cereal and more milk.

Run. Eat. Sleep. Repeat.

=RUMBLE

No comments: