Today I did my last ride for the week. I may have to cycle some more next week depending on how my calves feel after the race.
I grabbed the May issue of Runner's World magazine and was off. I planned to do 10 miles in 30 minutes but finished 2 minutes ahead of schedule. By mile 6 my heart was pounding, I was sweating all over the place and I wanted to cut short to 8 miles but my iPod helped push me through with some fast hard-rock music.
Flashback to 1991: When I was a teenager in high school and going through some "girl troubles", I use to go out on my brother's mountain bike with my cassette walkman and my favorite tapes and ride for hours from one end of the town to the other until it was dark. As long as I had the music playing, my legs would never tire.
Business: Stationary bike for 10 miles in 28:00 @ an average 2:48min/mile pace.
Gut-check
Breakfast: A pint of 1% chocolate milk, granola bar.
Lunch: Chips & guacamole, water, Sierra Mist.
Dinner: Pasta w/ cauliflower, 1% milk, water, 1 cup of chocolate ice cream.
Ride. Sleep. Repeat.
=RUMBLE
Thursday, May 1, 2008
Cadence is King
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment