I figured it was time to test out my calves.
Once again Chris and I ran up Iron Horse Trail for our long run. No ibuprofen this time to mask the pain. I wanted to stay alert and listen to what my body was telling me. For the first 2-3 miles I couldn't get comfortable. I felt a little runner's knee on my left and calf strain on my right. I kept to my promise of a slower, controlled run and in the end, I'm sure that helped. I ran 6+ to Executive Parkway and stopped at the Bus Depot for Gu, water and a stretch. I stayed behind and let Chris run an extra 2 miles to Crow Canyon and back. I stretched for 16 minutes then joined Chris as he came back down the trail. I was feeling good after that break and wanted to run some 7min/miles but instead practiced discipline and stuck to the training program. When we got back to the gym, I stretched for 20 minutes then hit the showers.
Business: Out & back route to Crow Canyon using Iron Horse Trail for 13 miles in 1:42:49.82 @ an average 7:55min/mile pace.
Splits are as follows:
Mile 1: 7:58.43 (0:07:58.43)
Mile 2: 7:51.23 (0:15:49.66)
Mile 3: 8:01.36 (0:23:51.02)
Mile 4: 7:51.50 (0:31:42.52)
Mile 5: 7:49.17 (0:39:31.69)
Mile 6: 7:56.05 (0:47:27.74)
Mile 7: 7:50.64 (0:55:18.38)
Mile 8: 8:01.88 (1:03:20.26)
Mile 9: 7:58.32 (1:11:18.58)
Mile 10: 7:50.28 (1:19:08.86)
Mile 11: 7:55.85 (1:27:04.71)
Mile 12: 7:50.10 (1:34:54.81)
Mile 13: 7:55.01 (1:42:49.82)
Gut-check
Breakfast: 1 Gu, granola bar, orange, banana, water, rootbeer.
Lunch: 2 salami sandwiches with provolone on toasted sourdough bread, water.
Dinner: In-N-Out cheesburger protein-style, fries, water.
Run. Eat. Sleep. Repeat.
=RUMBLE
Friday, May 2, 2008
Friday Restraint
Labels:
outdoor nature run
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment