Friday, December 5, 2008

Pedals to the Metal

Friday I headed to the gym in the late afternoon. My focus for the day is cardio and stretching.

I got on the stationary bike because I wanted to get some reading done during my workout. Yonson gave me the latest Running Times mag so I rode 6 miles in 18 minutes and tried to take it easy. That didn't last.

I stretched my legs for all of 10 minutes then felt compelled to run. I ran 3 miles in 22 minutes and finished with a shoulder workout.

My calves are bothering me and my right foot placement isn't quite right when running 8 min pace. 7 min pace everything seems to glide just fine but some strain on my right hip.

Business: Stationary Bike. 6 miles in 18 minutes. Treadmill. 3 miles in 22:00 @ an average 7:20something min/mile pace.
Splits are as follows:
Mile  1: 8:00 (0:08:00)
Mile  2: 7:00 (0:15:00)
Mile  3: 7:00 (0:22:00)

Gut-check
Breakfast: Raisin nut bran cereal, 2% milk, water.
Lunch: Calzone, , water.
Dinner: , water.

Run. Eat. Sleep. Repeat.

=RUMBLE

162 lbs.

No comments: