So this run started off REALLY COLD. I'm in Santa Rosa and not that I hadn't run in the cold before but I'm out of practice and a big baby about it now.
Ken and I ran to up into the park entrance and looped Spring Lake. He likes the trails so we were deviating alot from the nicely paved road provided by the park. After the first loop, I was warmed up and in the groove so I headed around for another while Ken took a shorter route. I thought we'd meet back at the ranger station but when I didn't see him there I headed over to our entrance point. When I didn't see him there, I doubled back to the ranger station. All of this ensured a solid 6+ miles of running but was frustrating to only find out he ran back home.
Oh well, I got back, ate a banana, lots of water, stretched, and let the steam drift off of me as my kids looked out the sliding glass door at their "smoking" pile of dad stretching his hammies.
Quads were a little sore but a good sore where the muscle's just getting use to the work.
Business: 6 miles around the lake with some out & back at the end in 49 minutes.
Splits are as follows:
Mile 1: 9:00 (0:09:00)
Mile 2: 8:00 (0:17:00)
Mile 3: 7:00 (0:24:00)
Mile 4: 8:00 (0:32:00)
Mile 5: 8:00 (0:40:00)
Mile 6: 9:00 (0:49:00)
Gut-check
Breakfast: 2 bowls of raisin nut bran cereal, banana, 2% milk, lots of water.
Lunch: Sausage, red sauce, bread, tomatoes, spinach, water.
Dinner: Daphne's gyro sandwich, fries, soda, water.
Run. Eat. Sleep. Repeat.
=RUMBLE
162 lbs.
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Lake Twice Like Ice
Labels:
outdoor nature run
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment