Priorities are a funny thing.
People sometimes change them as often as they change their mood but to set them correctly we need perspective. If you take a step back and give the appropriate time to make a decision, you have better odds of setting your priorities correctly.
I'm going to train for the Kaiser Half Marathon. I've looked at my post-CIM body weight of 152 lbs. and decided that it was a little too skeletal. If you see my face in some of the pictures you may notice. I'd like to get to my PR times with a little more muscle which equates to a few more pounds. I've got 62 days before race day but will only utilize 42 days to train.
I'll ease into it with a slow start and focus on including the warm-up and post stretch with every run.
I started by going to the gym today. I got into my workout clothes and weighed in at 163 lbs. Plugged in the iPod and began.
I walked fast for 1 mile, went into an easy 8 minute pace for mile 2, and 7:30 for mile 3. I finished with a half mile walking before jumping off the treadmill and doing a back & bicep workout with leg stretches between sets. No aches but jury is out until tomorrow morning. It's common to have a lot of strength for a workout when you've taken time off only to feel sore the next 2 days in each body part.
The rest of the day was spent in my office.
Business: Treadmill. 3 miles in 27:30 @ an average 9:10min/mile pace.
Splits are as follows:
Mile 1: 12:00 (0:12:00)
Mile 2: 8:00 (0:20:00)
Mile 3: 7:30 (0:27:30)
Gut-check
Breakfast: Odwalla vanilla soy protein shake (170cal), water.
Lunch: 2 Ham & cheese croissants, 4 tangerines, 1 banana, water.
Dinner: Pasta, broccolli, ham, water.
Run. Eat. Sleep. Repeat.
=RUMBLE
163 lbs.
Monday, December 1, 2008
Break My Rusty Cage and Run
Labels:
treadmill,
weightlifting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment