The weather sucks but I've been itchin' to get outside and test my other new Christmas gifts.
I got a nice set of UnderArmor gloves, hat, and running pants. I strapped on my heart-rate monitor, Garmin, iPod, and watch and somehow managed to still fit out the door.
I started my stop watch and Garmin, pressed play on the iPod and headed out toward BART. I was still a little under the weather so I didn't have 100% to give but pressed on. About a mile in I noticed the Garmin never started tracking distance so I stopped briefly to find the satellite signal. I ran out and back on Dougherty. The mist in my face was constant but I was comfortably warm. As I got to the turn-around, I noticed my right foot complaining. From the slick feel of the sole of the shoe, I realized I was running with the Superfeet inserts in my Brooks Trance. Those things are pretty unforgiving and hard as a rock. I tried to force my foot to roll differently to take the impact pressure off the arch but I ended up feeling some plantars faciatis developing. I split the return trip back into 4 sections so I could mentally conquer my body's call to stop. I knocked down the first 2 sections with ease as they were downhill but the last 2 were flat and long and the last went past the stinky BART station with bus fumes aplenty (ack!).
When I rolled into the gym, I stretched for 30 minutes then attempted a pathetic excuse for a bicep workout, and a half-assed mix martial arts workout punching nad kicking the bag. There wasn't much energy left so I hit the showers.
Business: Outdoor run. 5.25 miles @ avg. 7:32 min/mile pace. Back & biceps. MMA.
Splits are as follows:
Mile 1: 7:45.23 (0:07:45.23), 163bpm
Mile 2: 7:13.17 (0:14:58.40), 171bpm
Mile 3: 7:46.55 (0:22:44.95), 160bpm
Mile 4: 7:40.23 (0:30:25.18), 150bpm
Mile 5: 7:39.17 (0:38:04.35), 180bpm
Mile 5.25: 1:42.43 (0:39:46.78), 186bpm
2min Recovery: 186bpm -> 133bpm
AvgHR: 171
PeakHR: 186
MinHR: 68
TotCal: 736
Gut-check
Breakfast: 2 6 oz. Yoplait yogurt, 2 bananas, water.
Lunch: Chicken noodle soup, apples, water.
Dinner: Scrambled eggs w/ sausage & mushrooms, water. Ice cream.
Run. Eat. Sleep. Repeat.
=RUMBLE
160 lbs.
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Monday Misteps in the Mist
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment