After a rainy day like yesterday, the sun shining in the blue sky prompted me to head outside again.
Still not 100% and a little more aches than I'd like but no more Superfeet insoles. I pulled them out to find I did not grab the original inserts but my Dr. Scholls! Damn! Oh what the hell, I slid them in and headed out.
It was a little cold so I just added my gloves and slid my cellphone (wrapped in plastic) into one glove.
I started my stop watch and the Garmin, pressed play on the iPod and headed out toward In-N-Out. I was still a bit sick but it's not as bad as yesterday. After passing In-N-Out, Taco Bell, Starbucks, and every other temptation I approached Centennial Trail and my cellphone started ringing. Normally this thing is just in case I twist an ankle or get hit by a car but since I was feeling good with my pace I popped it out of my glove and took the call.
Rosemary and I chatted about her work between as I ran Mile 3, then I wiped the large amounts of sweat from my phone, wrapped it, and shoved it back into my glove.
On the way back I lamented the number of traffic lights and noted that the next run will not include cross traffic. I grew pretty tired and my quads were aching with still a mile out. Luckily there are a few songs with a drumbeat tempo matching my 7:40 stride.
When I got back to the gym, I stretched for 30 minutes and did a few chest exercises. I didnt have much left so I called it a day.
Business: Outdoor run. 5.31 miles @ avg. 7:40 min/mile pace. Chest.
Splits are as follows:
Mile 1: 7:25.00 (0:07:25.00), 141bpm
Mile 2: 7:37.67 (0:15:02.67), 174bpm
Mile 3: 8:05.55 (0:23:06.22), 182bpm
Mile 4: 7:30.76 (0:30:36.98), 183bpm
Mile 5: 7:49.13 (0:38:26.11), 189bpm
Mile 5.31: 2:17.43 (0:40:43.54), 186bpm
2min Recovery: 186bpm -> 133bpm
AvgHR: 171
PeakHR: 192
MinHR: 60
TotCal: 743
Gut-check
Breakfast: 3 6 oz. Yoplait yogurt, 1 bananas, water.
Lunch: Nada.., water. Snicker's candy bar.
Dinner: Breakfast burrito (egg, ham, onion, salsa), orange juice, water.
Run. Eat. Sleep. Repeat.
=RUMBLE
159 lbs.
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Tuesday Fastfood Temptation Run
Labels:
outdoor nature run,
weightlifting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment