My 100th blog entry!
You're right, who cares...
This week's 10 mile 2nd Wind long run was hosted by one of our Boston qualifiers, Tara. We ran from her home in Livermore and returned to a spread of bagels, fruit, and drinks.
The run that was to start at 7:30 SHARP according to coach actually started at 7:45 as we waited for a few people to show up. Michael had actually posted signs all over the route giving clear directions so that no one would get lost.
It was so warm when we started that I ditched my long sleeve for no sleeves. Right from the start, my calves bothered me and continued to do so for the first 6 freakin' miles until going numb and finally allowing me to get to my pace. I was lagging behind the front-runners and the steak I ate last night weighed me down but always had them in my sights. Eventually, two of them fell behind so I could catch them and I ran the last 3 miles with Kimberlee.
Business: Long run for 10 miles in 01:20:45 @ an average 7:52min/mile pace.
Splits are as follows:
Mile 1: 8:36 (0:08:36) - Michael, Tara, John, Kimberlee & Coach. Sergio moves ahead.
Mile 2: 8:05 (0:16:41) - Front-runners break away from the rest of the team.
Mile 3: 7:50 (0:24:32) - Coach is bored with us and drops back to talk w/ the women.
Mile 4: 7:40 (0:32:33) - My calves are holding me back. They will not relax.
Mile 5: 7:16 (0:38:20) - Must keep up with front-runners.
Mile 6: 7:50 (0:46:18) - Oh good, a waterstop. My calves suggest shortcutting Arroyo.
Mile 7: 7:50 (0:54:36) - I didn't listen.
Mile 8: 7:51 (1:02:27) - Calves go numb.
Mile 9: 7:40 (1:10:32) - Get back to my default 7:40 pace.
Mile 10: 7:45 (1:18:27) - Cruise into the neighborhood.
Mile 10.2: 7:42 (1:20:47) - To the finish...
End-of-Week Summary:
Gut-check
Breakfast: 1 Gu, 2 bananas w/ peanut butter, cup of oat cereal w/ 1% milk.
Lunch: Rice, hot dogs, eggs, tomatoes, water.
Dinner: Raviolis w/ red sauce, 1 6oz. yogurt, water.
Run. Eat. Sleep. Repeat.
=RUMBLE
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Long Hot Run
Labels:
2nd wind long run,
outdoor nature run
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment